Recipes & Guides:
You can download Sulmeat.com's Recommended Cooking Methods And Cooking Times for Meat here. This is a useful guide for instructions on optimum cooking times, temperatures and cuts along with guidelines for the storing and handling of meat in the home.
|Lemony Lamb Casserole|
- 1.5kg boned, trimmed lean lamb
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 each red and yellow pepper, chopped
- Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 ˝ cups beef or chicken stock
- 2-3 Tbsp each chopped fresh parsley and oregano (or use 1 tsp
- 10-12 black olives
- 4 Tbsp rolled oats (optional)
Cut the lamb into 2cm cubes and brown in a little hot oil. This is best done in small batches so the lamb doesn’t stew.
Add the onion, celery, peppers, lemon rind and juice, stock, parsley and oregano. Season well with salt and pepper. Cover and cook at 1800C for 1 hour.
Stir in the olives and rolled oats, if using. Continue to cook uncovered for a further 30 minutes. This is piquant and tasty with the rolled oats slightly thickening the juices.
Serve sprinkled with freshly chopped herbs.